THIS DOCUMENT IS A DRAFT AND IS NOT IN EFFECT
The Matrix Wiki, abbreviated Miki, is a community effort to create a public encyclopedia dedicated to documenting the history of the Matrix project and the many community efforts it has spawned.
We do not sell, rent or otherwise share your Personal Information with any third-parties whatsoever. Collected data is only used for the base operation of the services and understanding how the services are used.
- "we" / "us" / "our" — the contributors, maintainers, and administrators of the Matrix Wiki.
- "services" / "miki" / "wikis" / "sites" — the wikis that power the Matrix Wiki. [the mediawiki and wikidata instances]
- "Personal Information" — email address, passwords, IP addresses, and any information not otherwise explicitly shared by you [username, information on user pages, etc.]
What data do we collect?
- Necessary information — username, email address, contributions and otherwise data absolutely necessary to running the wikis.
- Site analytics — hotspots where users click, where users are from, etc. View the Matomo website for more details.
How do we collect your data?
You directly provide The Matrix Wiki with all the data we collect. We only collect data and process data when you
- Use or view any of our websites.
How do we use your data?
The Matrix Wiki collects your data so that we can provide basic wiki functionality and analyze the usage of the sites. We do not and will never share your data with any third-parties.
Cookies are text files placed on your computer to collect standard Internet log information and visitor behavior information. When you visit our websites, we may collect information from you automatically through cookies or similar technology
For further information, visit allaboutcookies.org.
Do Not Track
Setting your browser as "Do Not Track" is respected. Analytics and usage tracking are disabled when "Do Not Track" is enabled.
For further information, visit eff.org/issues/do-not-track.
We care about your data and want you to be fully aware of all of your data protection rights. Every user is entitled to basic protections as outlined by the GDPR.
If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us as described in the "How to contact us" section.
The right to access
You have the right to request The Matrix Wiki for companies of your personal data.
The right to rectification
You have the right to request that The Matrix Wiki correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request The Matrix Wiki to complete information you believe is incomplete.
The right to erasure
You have the right to request that The Matrix Wiki erase your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to object to processing
You have the right to object to The Matrix Wiki's processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to data portability
You have the right to request that The Matrix Wiki transfer the data that we have collected directly to you, under certain conditions.
How to contact us