|Please do not substitute this template.|
|This template uses Lua:|
This template displays the tag above and adds articles to Category:Current elections or one of its dated subcategories.
- Note that every article on Wikipedia has a General disclaimer indicating that the article contents may not be accurate.
- Generally it is expected that this template and its closely related templates will appear on an article for a few days; occasionally longer.
- If you desire that an article be noticed as a topic about or related to a significant current event, see Wikipedia:How the Current events page works, and also Wikipedia:In the news/Candidates
- Check main (article) namespace links
The template takes three parameters:
- Parameter 1 overrides the word "article"
- Parameter 2 overrides the words "a current election"
- Parameter 3 overrides the word "election"
- Named parameter "date" categorizes into a monthly sub category for ease of maintenance. This will be added by a bot if omitted.
TemplateData for Current election
|Type (typically section)|
Something to replace "article" in the template, typically "section"
Allows modification of the current link instead of displaying "a current election"
Overrides the word "election"
The month and year that the article is identified as current.